Freedom of Information Act Policy
Click here to download the Genesee County 9-1-1 FOIA Written Public Summary.
Click here to download a FOIA Request for Public Records.
Please sign and email your request to [email protected], fax your request to Genesee County 9-1-1 at (810) 732-7986, or drop it off at our office Monday-Friday between 8am – 4pm.
Tips for submitting a FOIA request
- Please read all instructions carefully to assure you get your information quickly and efficiently.
- Include as much information as possible including dates, times, phone numbers and addresses or locations.
- Indicate whether you would like recordings of the call or just a paper copy. The request will need to be paid in full before any information is released.
- Indicate if you would like to pick up a copy of the information on CD or if you would like us to send you the information via United States Postal Service or electronically via email after we receive payment.
- Include your relationship to the calls or the reason for wanting the information.
- For requests from private citizens we only accept payment in cash with exact change or money orders.